UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

How To // Jewellery Storage Holder

Can you believe that my birthday has been and gone, two weeks later I've barely shopped. Amongst various gifts and money sat a Next voucher, even their vouchers are pretty!? Next may as well be my second home when it comes to finding new pretties to add to my room. This new addition definitely explains why I love them so much. Originally I had my eyes on a narrow drawer set though delivery dates seem to increase, then decrease and so on. Measuring up - always wise Lucy...it would be too small, though I'm determined to find a use for it. It is then that I settled on probably the most beautiful piece to date in my bedroom.
My previous storage for jewellery was ridiculously crammed, so crammed I didn't dare to hunt through each day. Retailing at £45 I've not only got an amazing piece of 'furniture' but somewhere to hang my favourite pieces and a noticeboard to keep me organise via blogging. Next's delivery service really impressed me, being my first order I had no idea it would really turn up the next day, let alone three time slots! After arriving home from seeing our soon to be puppy, the door bell rang with my new piece. Cue a very excited Lucy, almost as excited as I were about little Harry. I suppose in hindsight getting a noticeboard/jewellery holder is safer since Harry will chew my most loved belongings.
As you can see the entire board is surrounded by a distressed creamy picture frame with intricate detailing. Criss-cross note holders across the notice board and distressed hooks attached to said frame. Previously I had a cream set of hooks which have been bolted into my wardrobe to store belts, hair turbans and unneeded umbrellas. Fitting of the organiser looked simple, of course I didn't do any DIY, I probably owe my Dad after Monday. Harry, fitting my organiser and completing puppy proofing. Of course the flower heads and charms (broken bracelet) weren't included, they're from trusty Newlook, I have quite a few attached to various pieces in my room. What do you guys think? Lucy xx

6 comments

  1. This is gorgeous :) I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite it being really useful for hanging jewellery, it kind of looks like a picture on the wall too because of the neutral colourings :) I bet this would be quite simple to make too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty but I would probably end up over cluttering it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, this is so gorgeous! I've been browsing the Next site a fair bit lately and they've got some gorgwous pieces - I'm moving into a new place in a few weeks so will definitely be heading in there, as well as scouring some charity shops to see what I can find.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig